Are you wondering where to find good boondocks? What you should do to prepare before arriving? How to stretch your resources for a longer stay? How to stay safe out in the boonies? Well this is the article for you. I’ve written about most of these subjects before, but the individual posts eventually fall off […]
Multiple people have asked in comments recently about safety while boondocking so I thought I’d write my thoughts about it here where everyone can see. In short, I don’t think boondocking is any less safe than any other kind of camping. The lower population density out in the desert means fewer marks for criminals, and […]
So far, the boondocking experiment has been going amazingly well. My 100w of solar is getting the job done, I’ve learned to stretch my holding tanks and propane for 3 weeks. I’m having a blast, and I’m not breaking the bank. I’ve been at the dry lake bed near Joshua Tree (the town) in southern […]
Here it is, the annual review of places I camped in 2015 – as seen from the Casita. The majority of these photos were taken from the inside looking out or barring that, from as close to Cas as possible. There’s been so much to write about this year that it’s a bit late, but […]
Today was my last day of work, woohoo! I’ve had a good season at Amazon here in Haslet, TX but I’m definitely ready to move on and try boondocking out in the desert this winter for the very first time. But first, some housekeeping. I’ll be in Boyd RV Park until the morning of the […]
Happy Friday everyone! My first week of (more than) full-time hours is over and I’ve enjoyed a relaxing if rainy weekend puttering around the RV and not doing much of anything really, it’s been nice. Rainy weather kept me from getting out today like I’d hoped so there is no adventure to blog about, so […]
Invariably upon arriving at a new RV park, I compare it with the places I’ve stayed at in the past. It’s not a intentional thing, just something that happens in a corner of my mind while I’m occupied with other tasks. Oh, look at how big these sites are. A lot of dirt and gravel, […]
I had such grand plans for my day off today. I was going to get up early and go hiking in Lamar Valley with Jayne and then write up a post about it this evening complete with pretty pictures. Then I got sick and hardly slept last night. I had to text Jayne and cancel […]
As I was perusing my photo albums yesterday I realized that in many places I’ve camped, I had a picture with a black frame around it: a photo taken from inside Cas looking out. I made a sort of mini-album of these pictures and others with one big rule in mind, the picture had to […]
Training time has come to an end, the summer season officially starts tomorrow – Memorial day weekend. I was intending to have this blog post up yesterday, but there was a special NPS sponsored training program up at Mammoth, almost two hours away from Old Faithful with all the road construction going on, so I […]
Yellowstone is big, very big. In my five days here so far, I’ve come to the tentative conclusion that as a visitor, you’d really want a good seven days or so to do this park justice. Some national parks you can catch the highlights in a day. Badlands was one, and even Zion you could […]
Usually I don’t like to share a map of my big re-positioning trips before I get started. The biggest reason is because on these kinds of trips I don’t have time to stop and visit with people, and posting my route is almost guaranteed to bring comments from readers who live or are traveling along […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Boondocking Answers May 24, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Mono Lake and an Announcement June 23, 2016
- Convict Lake June 20, 2016
- June Lake Loop June 16, 2016
- Mammoth Lakes Campgrounds June 13, 2016
- Rock Creek Canyon June 10, 2016
- Comparing Work Options for RVers June 7, 2016
- Crowley Lake and McGee Campgrounds June 3, 2016
- Whitney Portal Road Campgrounds May 31, 2016
- Becky: My truck is insured through Geico and isn't reall...
- Mike M: What about auto insurance? Are your vehicles/belon...
- Becky: Will do, thanks....
- Becky: Heya Deb and Greg! I really enjoyed volunteerin...
- Norm H.: Sorry to hear that yet another fire has started, b...
- Debbie: Hi Becky, Wondering how it went for you at Ordw...
- Becky: Hello Larry, Welcome to IO and I'm glad you'r...
- Becky: Thanks Sylvia, I hope your son gets a lot of use o...