Monday, May 16 (continued) I had mixed emotions about coming back to Sawtooth Canyon Campground. When I started boondocking in January, I’d decided somewhat arbitrarily that I didn’t want to visit the same camp twice in the same year. There are so many great places to see, and to me one of the points of […]
Saturday, May 7 My time at Park Delta Bay is up and early in the afternoon I make the two and a half hour drive to Mt. Madonna County Park, part of the Santa Clara park system south of San Jose. At $40 a night it isn’t cheap, but it’s no more expensive than Delta […]
The short of the matter is things didn’t work out with with the rescue dog. She’s a good dog, the problem was mine. I feel really awful about the whole situation, and I need a break from the internet for a while to heal. I won’t be responding to comments on this post and will […]
Saturday, April 23 As I was finishing up yesterday’s blog post in the evening, typing away on the computer, the sky grew dark prematurely. Hmm, I wonder if this is… Yep, the reason why I decided to travel today instead of Friday. A mass of dark clouds looms behind the mountains to the west. A […]
After a fantastic hike among the rocks at the back of Sawtooth campground on Wednesday the 6th (the pictures in the previous post), it rains for the rest of my stay. Not all day, never very hard, but the sky remains overcast and and the air is chill. Because of the lack of sunlight I […]
Every now and then, I sit in front of the computer to write a blog post, and nothing comes. Sometimes pushing through the resistance works. Sometimes having patience and trying again later works. And sometimes, nothing does. I’ve always viewed blogging as an art form. You can’t force art. If you try, the final product […]
March 4, Friday It’s another sunny day here at Picketpost Mountain. In the morning I work on the blog, then take a break around noon for lunch and to go for a walk. Sometimes I head west on ATV trails, sometimes I get on Happy Camp Road (no lie, that’s what Google Maps calls the […]
Christmas comes early in Yellowstone. No, I’m not referring to the weather. It isn’t getting that cold at night yet fortunately, I’m referring to the annual August 25th Christmas celebration that most of the lodges and stores participate in in the park. There is a story behind it, it’s not entirely a marketing gimmick. The […]
This post was written on Tuesday, as while you’re reading this I’m on day two of a three day class at the Yellowstone Association Institute in Lamar Valley. There is no cell reception, TV, or even electrical outlets at the rustic cabin I’m staying in so I am quite thoroughly out of touch. It’s one […]
Today I’d like to share with you all the flip side of the coin, the side of full-time RVing as a person of working age that you don’t hear as much about. You read a lot about what my travel days are like, what my exploring days are like, but very seldom do I post […]
Training time has come to an end, the summer season officially starts tomorrow – Memorial day weekend. I was intending to have this blog post up yesterday, but there was a special NPS sponsored training program up at Mammoth, almost two hours away from Old Faithful with all the road construction going on, so I […]
Yellowstone is big, very big. In my five days here so far, I’ve come to the tentative conclusion that as a visitor, you’d really want a good seven days or so to do this park justice. Some national parks you can catch the highlights in a day. Badlands was one, and even Zion you could […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Boondocking Answers May 24, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- 600 Acres and a Long Drive June 30, 2016
- Saddlebag Lake and… Wildfire! June 27, 2016
- Mono Lake and an Announcement June 23, 2016
- Convict Lake June 20, 2016
- June Lake Loop June 16, 2016
- Mammoth Lakes Campgrounds June 13, 2016
- Rock Creek Canyon June 10, 2016
- Comparing Work Options for RVers June 7, 2016
- Kevin: 13 months, 200 hours, are you a slow typist or did...
- Becky: Thank you for commenting Robin and I'm glad you'...
- Becky: Thank you Sandy and I'm glad you're finding my b...
- Robin: I read your blog regularly but have never commente...
- Sandy: I am absorbing your new book very slowly. I used t...
- Becky: Yeah Jodee, the heat has proved harder to escape. ...
- Becky: So that you can save up the money to go full-timin...
- Becky: It's impossible to see it all in one trip. But l...