As a full-time RVer, I have more leeway in where and how I spend my time. I can decide what part of the year I want to work, and what part I want to travel. I can more or less decide where I want to travel. I do have more freedom than the stationary person […]
My first day boondocking. I’ve been waiting for this experience since I first started dreaming about full-timing five years ago. When I purchased Cas and Bertha, I had fully intended to buy solar equipment and other boondocking gear at the start, but then I decided I couldn’t take it at my vet tech job any […]
So, lets recap. My fridge started leaking ammonia on the 24th, it stopped working on the 26th. I arrived at Little House Customs on the 28th for an appointment I made months ago to get some other non-essential work done. I ask Larry while I’m there if he can do anything about the fridge. He […]
Friday, September 18 It’s been a wet few days. The rain starts before sunrise on Tuesday and we have a good day at the store, everyone is hanging out indoors shopping instead of walking the basin. Not the best sight-seeing weather, but at least this will help the fires. When I wake up for work […]
Christmas comes early in Yellowstone. No, I’m not referring to the weather. It isn’t getting that cold at night yet fortunately, I’m referring to the annual August 25th Christmas celebration that most of the lodges and stores participate in in the park. There is a story behind it, it’s not entirely a marketing gimmick. The […]
Eons ago, when I’d been on the road for almost three months, I wrote an article called “Top 9 Things to Know About Full-timing“. Looking back now I still think I did a reasonably good job on it, but it was always my intention to revise it once I had more experience. So here it […]
Lately there’s been a lot of comments and e-mails from new readers who are just starting to look into the RVing lifestyle (welcome!). Back in March I wrote a guest post for another blog (CheapRVLiving), and it occurs to me I’ve never shared that content with all of you here at IO. I thought it […]
Sherwood Forest Faire is technically a medieval festival instead of a renaissance one, since it’s set (roughly of course) in the 1100’s. I consider the difference to be negligible though, for the purpose of my long-term goal to visit a ren fest in as many states as I can while I’m on the road. And […]
Yes, I’ll admit it. I’m one of those people. One of those people who smiles when they see inspirational messages in poster form in the home decor section of stores. One of those people who Likes motivational pictures posted up on Facebook. Heck, I’ve even had one such quote at the bottom of this blog […]
I’d like to start out this post with a shout out to Russ and June, and Debbie, members of the IO community here, and the couple traveling in the Casita (if you gave me your names, I’ve forgotten them, sorry) who while not devout blog readers still knew who I was. These folks have all […]
On Thursday two interviews I did at other sites went live, so today I thought I’d share those with you. The first was featured on Do It Yourself RV, and it asked ten full-timers the question: If you could change one thing about your full-time lifestyle, what would it be? To see my response and […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Boondocking Answers May 24, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Mono Lake and an Announcement June 23, 2016
- Convict Lake June 20, 2016
- June Lake Loop June 16, 2016
- Mammoth Lakes Campgrounds June 13, 2016
- Rock Creek Canyon June 10, 2016
- Comparing Work Options for RVers June 7, 2016
- Crowley Lake and McGee Campgrounds June 3, 2016
- Whitney Portal Road Campgrounds May 31, 2016
- Becky: Will do, thanks....
- Becky: Heya Deb and Greg! I really enjoyed volunteerin...
- Norm H.: Sorry to hear that yet another fire has started, b...
- Debbie: Hi Becky, Wondering how it went for you at Ordw...
- Becky: Hello Larry, Welcome to IO and I'm glad you'r...
- Becky: Thanks Sylvia, I hope your son gets a lot of use o...
- Becky: You're welcome Kent, thanks for reading and for t...
- Becky: Thanks Norm. I've already gone up Tioga Road, bu...