I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and enjoying time with family and friends (and good food). As Thursdays are a part of my “weekend” at Amazon this season, I find myself with Thanksgiving off for the first time in many years. Looking back over past posts, it occurs to me that I haven’t […]
Don’t worry, I’m not giving up RVing yet. This is just an intellectual exercise to lay to rest one of the fears I hear from prospective full-timers on occasion: how easy would it be to go back to sticks ‘n bricks living after being a full-timer? People who are contemplating getting off the road probably […]
I know what you must be thinking, what kind of topic is this? Going RVing is synonymous with being entertained, right? No advice necessary? But wait; as a full-timer, especially a working-age one, it’s not always that simple. For years I’ve been pointing out to future full-timers that unless you’re truly rich, treating this lifestyle […]
Today I’d like to share with you some of the lessons I’ve learned over the years about simple travel photography. This post is not geared toward the enthusiast with the SLR, but for the average person with a point-and-shoot who’d just like to take pictures as mementos of their trip or share on a blog. […]
For today’s new blog post I present you with… a bunch of old blog posts! Okay, let me explain. It’s come to my attention that I have now been blogging for closing in on three years(!), and I regularly get e-mails and comments from newer members of the IO community asking questions I’ve addressed in […]
The campground here at GARF has neither sewer hookups or dump station, and not as many water spigots as campsites. Since I’ve moved from a 50 amp hookup site to a 30 amp one two weeks ago, I haven’t had a water connection. What this means from a functional standpoint is that I’ve hardly used […]
Ahh flexibility. One of the most adored aspects of full-time RVing. Without a house or apartment to worry about paying bills for, or a long term job that expects you to work 50 out of 52 weeks a year, you are free. Free to go where you want, when you want, and stay as long […]
It’s no secret, I think my life is pretty awesome. All of the wonderful things about RVing brought up in the last post are great things to point to, but I realized there’s something I left out of that list that bears mentioning. Something I really didn’t consider a perk of constant travel that luckily […]
Some days there is nothing pressing on my to-do list or on my mind, and it feels like I’ve escaped the rat race once and for all. These days I’m free to do as much or as little as I feel like, as the whim takes me. They are good days, and yes, they do […]
So I’ve been thinking lately about the full-time RVers I know and what contributed to their success on the road where others desired but never tried, or tried but didn’t succeed, or succeeded but didn’t stick with it. I’ve concluded that although money is a big concern, it was not the deciding factor. Despite the […]
Which are worth joining, and which aren’t. There are a lot of options out there for RVers, and they’re all doing their best to persuade you that they are worth the money spent. After some online research there were two originally that I was planning on enrolling in when I hit the road, but in […]
Motivation. That seemingly endless wellspring of energy, concentration, and persistence that highly successful people can leverage at will to keep plugging away at their goals tirelessly day and night. Meanwhile, the rest of us may know what we have to do, but laziness keeps us from working at it as often or as long as […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Only Scratching the Surface May 14, 2015
- California Delta April 29, 2016
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Down By the River April 22, 2016
- Keyesville Recreation Site, CA April 19, 2016
- Castaic, CA April 16, 2016
- Spilling The Beans April 13, 2016
- There’s No Forcing Art April 10, 2016
- Campground Life April 6, 2016
- Becky: A lot of it was luck that the owner needed help bu...
- Jodee Gravel: Stunning photos of a quirky little place. Flooding...
- Becky: Glad you're enjoying my blog Aimee! I did get ...
- Aimee: Hi Becky! Love you're posts...very practical! I ...
- Becky: Hee, glad you like them Pamela. :)...
- Becky: It sure is unique Christi, some day I'll have to ...
- Becky: Thanks Rene. I could hardly have picked a better ...
- Becky: Glad you are doing well Jay, I can't wait until I...