Saturday, April 23 As I was finishing up yesterday’s blog post in the evening, typing away on the computer, the sky grew dark prematurely. Hmm, I wonder if this is… Yep, the reason why I decided to travel today instead of Friday. A mass of dark clouds looms behind the mountains to the west. A […]
So far, the boondocking experiment has been going amazingly well. My 100w of solar is getting the job done, I’ve learned to stretch my holding tanks and propane for 3 weeks. I’m having a blast, and I’m not breaking the bank. I’ve been at the dry lake bed near Joshua Tree (the town) in southern […]
Here it is, the annual review of places I camped in 2015 – as seen from the Casita. The majority of these photos were taken from the inside looking out or barring that, from as close to Cas as possible. There’s been so much to write about this year that it’s a bit late, but […]
Let’s rewind time a little. In the last episode on the ongoing saga of my broken fridge, I opted to drive out to Arizona to attend the RTR and Xscapers convergence rather than wait in Texas to get the replacement done at the Casita factory. I’ve not regretted my decision, but it’s now been over […]
January 21, Thursday Field trip! So, one of our number at the Xscapers convergence here at Dome Rock just outside of Quartzsite is a bonafide tour guide. He works 6 months on, 6 months off and is currently theoretically off, but I guess when out taking a walk he happened upon a fellow who is […]
Working the 11th hour at Amazon and getting out at 5:30 pm does have one advantage, we’re treated to views like this on the way home. Sunset in the business district of Haslet this past Saturday. This was taken from a moving vehicle, so you’ll have to excuse the fuzziness. I love how “wide” the […]
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and enjoying time with family and friends (and good food). As Thursdays are a part of my “weekend” at Amazon this season, I find myself with Thanksgiving off for the first time in many years. Looking back over past posts, it occurs to me that I haven’t […]
Thursday, November 5 What? A tornado warning? Gee, thank you Weather Channel for not giving me an alert. I suppose I should go to the shelter. It doesn’t look horrible outside… oh, I guess it is dark to the north. Wait a sec, where is the closest shelter? It’s certainly not the shower house/laundry area, […]
Those of you who’ve been following me at least a year know that when Amazon starts piling on the overtime that the two or three hours I get that aren’t devoted to work or sleeping are devoted to eating, showering, and relaxing, and time is at a premium. Well, the Receive department is on mandatory overtime, […]
Have you ever noticed when you look back over the past phases of your life that it’s the beginning and the ending that stand out the most? Whether it’s a job, a relationship, or a place to call home, our memories are always sharper when recalling the start and the end of something. I believe […]
Friday, September 18 It’s been a wet few days. The rain starts before sunrise on Tuesday and we have a good day at the store, everyone is hanging out indoors shopping instead of walking the basin. Not the best sight-seeing weather, but at least this will help the fires. When I wake up for work […]
Thursday, August 27 If at first you don’t succeed, try try again. Today is take two at driving the Beartooth, located between Cooke City just outside the NE entrance of Yellowstone and Red Lodge, Montana. Early morning fog makes it hard to tell if visibility is any better this week than it was last Thursday, […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Only Scratching the Surface May 14, 2015
- California Delta April 29, 2016
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Down By the River April 22, 2016
- Keyesville Recreation Site, CA April 19, 2016
- Castaic, CA April 16, 2016
- Spilling The Beans April 13, 2016
- There’s No Forcing Art April 10, 2016
- Campground Life April 6, 2016
- Becky: A lot of it was luck that the owner needed help bu...
- Jodee Gravel: Stunning photos of a quirky little place. Flooding...
- Becky: Glad you're enjoying my blog Aimee! I did get ...
- Aimee: Hi Becky! Love you're posts...very practical! I ...
- Becky: Hee, glad you like them Pamela. :)...
- Becky: It sure is unique Christi, some day I'll have to ...
- Becky: Thanks Rene. I could hardly have picked a better ...
- Becky: Glad you are doing well Jay, I can't wait until I...