As a full-time RVer, I have more leeway in where and how I spend my time. I can decide what part of the year I want to work, and what part I want to travel. I can more or less decide where I want to travel. I do have more freedom than the stationary person […]
Saturday, May 7 My time at Park Delta Bay is up and early in the afternoon I make the two and a half hour drive to Mt. Madonna County Park, part of the Santa Clara park system south of San Jose. At $40 a night it isn’t cheap, but it’s no more expensive than Delta […]
Saturday, April 23 As I was finishing up yesterday’s blog post in the evening, typing away on the computer, the sky grew dark prematurely. Hmm, I wonder if this is… Yep, the reason why I decided to travel today instead of Friday. A mass of dark clouds looms behind the mountains to the west. A […]
So far, the boondocking experiment has been going amazingly well. My 100w of solar is getting the job done, I’ve learned to stretch my holding tanks and propane for 3 weeks. I’m having a blast, and I’m not breaking the bank. I’ve been at the dry lake bed near Joshua Tree (the town) in southern […]
Here it is, the annual review of places I camped in 2015 – as seen from the Casita. The majority of these photos were taken from the inside looking out or barring that, from as close to Cas as possible. There’s been so much to write about this year that it’s a bit late, but […]
Let’s rewind time a little. In the last episode on the ongoing saga of my broken fridge, I opted to drive out to Arizona to attend the RTR and Xscapers convergence rather than wait in Texas to get the replacement done at the Casita factory. I’ve not regretted my decision, but it’s now been over […]
January 21, Thursday Field trip! So, one of our number at the Xscapers convergence here at Dome Rock just outside of Quartzsite is a bonafide tour guide. He works 6 months on, 6 months off and is currently theoretically off, but I guess when out taking a walk he happened upon a fellow who is […]
Working the 11th hour at Amazon and getting out at 5:30 pm does have one advantage, we’re treated to views like this on the way home. Sunset in the business district of Haslet this past Saturday. This was taken from a moving vehicle, so you’ll have to excuse the fuzziness. I love how “wide” the […]
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and enjoying time with family and friends (and good food). As Thursdays are a part of my “weekend” at Amazon this season, I find myself with Thanksgiving off for the first time in many years. Looking back over past posts, it occurs to me that I haven’t […]
Thursday, November 5 What? A tornado warning? Gee, thank you Weather Channel for not giving me an alert. I suppose I should go to the shelter. It doesn’t look horrible outside… oh, I guess it is dark to the north. Wait a sec, where is the closest shelter? It’s certainly not the shower house/laundry area, […]
Those of you who’ve been following me at least a year know that when Amazon starts piling on the overtime that the two or three hours I get that aren’t devoted to work or sleeping are devoted to eating, showering, and relaxing, and time is at a premium. Well, the Receive department is on mandatory overtime, […]
Have you ever noticed when you look back over the past phases of your life that it’s the beginning and the ending that stand out the most? Whether it’s a job, a relationship, or a place to call home, our memories are always sharper when recalling the start and the end of something. I believe […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Boondocking Answers May 24, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Mono Lake and an Announcement June 23, 2016
- Convict Lake June 20, 2016
- June Lake Loop June 16, 2016
- Mammoth Lakes Campgrounds June 13, 2016
- Rock Creek Canyon June 10, 2016
- Comparing Work Options for RVers June 7, 2016
- Crowley Lake and McGee Campgrounds June 3, 2016
- Whitney Portal Road Campgrounds May 31, 2016
- Becky: Will do, thanks....
- Becky: Heya Deb and Greg! I really enjoyed volunteerin...
- Norm H.: Sorry to hear that yet another fire has started, b...
- Debbie: Hi Becky, Wondering how it went for you at Ordw...
- Becky: Hello Larry, Welcome to IO and I'm glad you'r...
- Becky: Thanks Sylvia, I hope your son gets a lot of use o...
- Becky: You're welcome Kent, thanks for reading and for t...
- Becky: Thanks Norm. I've already gone up Tioga Road, bu...