Never get so busy making a living that you forget to have a life.
Tuesday, October 7 (continued) After the lake visit, I hook up and it’s back on the road. We scoot through the southern side of Vegas, then head West through the oddly named town of Pahrump and get on 190 heading into California. This is my first time in California which is exciting, it always feels […]
On a chilly night, with a gathering of friends, or in a new place you’ve never visited before, there’s just something special about a campfire. For me, it’s the epitome of the camping and vacation experience. Much of the fondness for them likely stems from my childhood. I have very good memories of family camping […]
A full moon hangs low in the west, playing through wisps of cloud left over from the rain earlier in the night. In front of the truck, huge black sentinels jut up into the heavens, indistinct and back lit. The truck rounds a bend, and the here the sentinels jump into detail where the moonlight […]
Thursday, August 14 I stayed up much too late last night reading and overslept this morning, oops? But hey, it’s a day off and I’ve got no place I need to be, it’s nice to sleep in on occasion. It’s mostly cloudy out and temperatures are holding in the 70’s with little to no […]
I’d like to start out this post with a shout out to Russ and June, and Debbie, members of the IO community here, and the couple traveling in the Casita (if you gave me your names, I’ve forgotten them, sorry) who while not devout blog readers still knew who I was. These folks have all […]
Some days I sit in front of my laptop and wonder what I’m going to write about. On those days when I have no big adventure to share, inspirational words to impart, or bits of hard earned wisdom for would-be RVers, I scratch my head and reach for mundane things that some of my readers […]
Ka-boom! Thunder rattles the Casita and I am wide awake, it’s 4 am. A thin line of strong storms pushed through yesterday evening as night was falling, a hint of things to come. Julie and I were hanging out with some of our fellow rennies and we all joked around, wondering if Student Day would […]
I’ve had an enjoyable week here in Fairburn. More time to read, work on various projects, and get Cas spick and span now that I’m not having to drive state to state every weekend. The weather has been gorgeous too, highs in the 70’s, and I almost hate to say it for fear of jinxing […]
One thing that never ceases to thrill me about traveling is all of the new things I get the opportunity to experience. On Thursday I got to observe a prescribed fire for the first time here at the OSBS, it was a lot of fun! Thursday I’m amazed at what all needs to come together […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Go one step further with 'take the road less traveled' and create your own unique path. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre- retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit card)
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Holiday Driving December 25, 2013
- The Cheapest Internet Option May 20, 2014
- Zion Beauty, A Book Review, and CamperForce News August 29, 2014
- Morning Drive September 10, 2014
- More on Sparks Marina RV Park November 24, 2014
- Photo: Sparks Marina November 21, 2014
- Photo: What’s Yours? November 19, 2014
- South Dakota RVer Health Insurance Changes November 17, 2014
- Photo: My Favorite Window November 14, 2014
- David Michael: Keep on going!!! When we worked at the Fernley Wa...
- mike german: Becky leaving in the morning for Reno to see my br...
- Jodee Gravel: Clean, hot showers and a nice clubhouse to stretch...
- Ken: How does the Casita handle the cold? Is it well in...
- Marcia GB in MA: Sounds and looks like a fine place to be when you...