Every now and then, I sit in front of the computer to write a blog post, and nothing comes. Sometimes pushing through the resistance works. Sometimes having patience and trying again later works. And sometimes, nothing does. I’ve always viewed blogging as an art form. You can’t force art. If you try, the final product […]
This post was written on Tuesday, as while you’re reading this I’m on day two of a three day class at the Yellowstone Association Institute in Lamar Valley. There is no cell reception, TV, or even electrical outlets at the rustic cabin I’m staying in so I am quite thoroughly out of touch. It’s one […]
Sunday was my birthday, woohoo! As you may have guessed from my last post, I’m more for quiet and simple celebrations so there was no big party. But I did have a good week. On Thursday Julie and I went out and saw a movie in Kerrville – Jupiter Ascending. It had a decent plot […]
For today’s new blog post I present you with… a bunch of old blog posts! Okay, let me explain. It’s come to my attention that I have now been blogging for closing in on three years(!), and I regularly get e-mails and comments from newer members of the IO community asking questions I’ve addressed in […]
Hello all! This little post is just to inform you that my laptop is not working right now, so it might be a bit before regular blog updates continue. I myself am doing just fine, I just have no easy way to get online. Hopefully I’ll be able to get things sorted quickly, in the […]
Nothing too blog worthy to report this weekend. I went up to Charleston with Julie to visit friends who I haven’t seen in a year. It’s so lovely to get to travel back to places I’ve been before and catch up with people. Goodbyes can be tough, but when the next Hello comes there’s always […]
I spent all morning typing up a post for today, it was almost done and then Open Office froze and I lost it all and the file wasn’t recoverable, never had that happen before. I don’t have time to type it all up again right now, so I’m declaring today a picture day! Have some […]
This year has been a series of countdowns it seems. And now it’s on again, a little over five weeks until departure for full-timing! There hasn’t been much to write about the past couple days. I’ve been busy with work and helping Julie move and sorting out our shared stuff and the storage locker. Not […]
Yesterday I did a good bit of thinking about what day I should give as my last at The Job. I need to be in Coffeyville on the 28th of September, and I’d like to get South Dakota residency set up before then. The current tentative plan has me off work by September 13, which […]
In the midst of a dramatic lifestyle change things don’t stay stationary for long. First there was the huge shift in perspective when I decided that yes, I really wanted to go full-timing. Then came the planning and research stage where many of my free hours were devoted to learning more about RVing and what […]
I’m done with work for the day. It was cool and comfortable enough to eat lunch outside at the picnic table, and now a light breeze blows through the Casita while I type this up and watch the mid-afternoon goings on in the campground. It is a good day. It was very surreal, coming back […]
Time for another mid-month update on my plans, and this one is pretty significant. As I have mentioned in comments a couple times, I gave my 2.5 weeks notice last week to the job I hate. My last day there is going to be the 27th, hooray! There’s just a couple things to work out […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Only Scratching the Surface May 14, 2015
- California Delta April 29, 2016
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Down By the River April 22, 2016
- Keyesville Recreation Site, CA April 19, 2016
- Castaic, CA April 16, 2016
- Spilling The Beans April 13, 2016
- There’s No Forcing Art April 10, 2016
- Campground Life April 6, 2016
- Norm H.: Enjoyed your post as we lived and worked in the Sa...
- Pamelab: Best time getting to know your little Piper. Prett...
- Becky: Thanks Christi, I'm so excited! Tomorrow's the ...
- Christi: Congratulations!!! She is one lucky pooch!! You ...
- Becky: Good ideas Linda. :)...
- Linda Sand: I rarely wear jewelry other than earrings but scar...
- Becky: There are a lot of parks here actually, the Delta ...
- Becky: I purposely did not put a name or anything specifi...