I spent all morning typing up a post for today, it was almost done and then Open Office froze and I lost it all and the file wasn’t recoverable, never had that happen before. I don’t have time to type it all up again right now, so I’m declaring today a picture day! Have some [...]
This year has been a series of countdowns it seems. And now it’s on again, a little over five weeks until departure for full-timing! There hasn’t been much to write about the past couple days. I’ve been busy with work and helping Julie move and sorting out our shared stuff and the storage locker. Not [...]
Yesterday I did a good bit of thinking about what day I should give as my last at The Job. I need to be in Coffeyville on the 28th of September, and I’d like to get South Dakota residency set up before then. The current tentative plan has me off work by September 13, which [...]
In the midst of a dramatic lifestyle change things don’t stay stationary for long. First there was the huge shift in perspective when I decided that yes, I really wanted to go full-timing. Then came the planning and research stage where many of my free hours were devoted to learning more about RVing and what [...]
I’m done with work for the day. It was cool and comfortable enough to eat lunch outside at the picnic table, and now a light breeze blows through the Casita while I type this up and watch the mid-afternoon goings on in the campground. It is a good day. It was very surreal, coming back [...]
Time for another mid-month update on my plans, and this one is pretty significant. As I have mentioned in comments a couple times, I gave my 2.5 weeks notice last week to the job I hate. My last day there is going to be the 27th, hooray! There’s just a couple things to work out [...]
Sometimes, I struggle to do things that seem so easy to others, and I feel frustrated. Sometimes, I look at what everyone else has and I don’t, and I feel jealous. Sometimes, I think of how much time I waste trying to put it all together, and I feel angry. Sometimes, I worry that my [...]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Go one step further with 'take the road less traveled' and create your own unique path. I write for those interested in RVing on more than just an occasional basis pre- retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit card)
- Music For The Road November 8, 2012
- Blizzard Weekend October 8, 2013
- Summer in the Badlands March 31, 2013
- Amazon Season and One Year Nomadiversary September 13, 2013
- Having Enough September 7, 2013
- When The Plumbing Freezes December 11, 2013
- ICQA for CamperForce December 6, 2013
- The Forecast December 3, 2013
- RVing Clubs November 29, 2013
- Mindfulness November 24, 2013
- gene: At 8 degrees, even with the ceramic heaters (if I ...
- Becky: Less than a month John. :) SC gets pretty miserab...
- Becky: I can't use my fresh water tank right now so that...
- Becky: Thanks for the clarification Arlon, and yes PEX is...
- Becky: At least I personally have stayed pretty warm, I s...