Scenes Around Camp

Today’s one of those days when the words are slow coming.

I’m still in the Moab area due to snow in the mountains.

So, here’s a few more pictures from around camp. Spring may be slow in coming to the Rockies, but it’s certainly arrived here.

I’m still enjoying the company of Kelly and Marshall. Last year I boondocked alone almost exclusively, this year I’ve been camping with others a lot more.

Both have been good experiences. I like more alone time than most people it seems, and having neighbors who understand that is great. We go on hikes together, but most of the day I’m in the Casita working.

Working on what? I’m pleased to announce that Interstellar Orchard is finally going to have a dedicated YouTube channel! I’m in the process of editing all the old videos now – no more ten second raw clips strung together haphazardly in a playlist. It’s taking time though.

I appreciate every Amazon purchase made using my affiliate link. Thank you!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestmail

, , ,

27 Responses to Scenes Around Camp

1. Jessica Meinhofer May 2, 2017 at 2:48 pm #

So lovely!! We hope to make it out west in 2018!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:45 pm #

You won’t regret it Jessica, you’re welcome and enjoy!

2. RGupnorth May 2, 2017 at 5:34 pm #

If you are still in the area – hike out to Corunna Arch – it is out Potash;Road – 2 -3 hours roundtrip.

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:45 pm #

Won’t make it this trip, it’ll go on a list for next time.

3. Ken May 3, 2017 at 6:37 am #

I look forward to your YouTube channel!

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:46 pm #

It’s going to be fun Ken!

4. Ed May 3, 2017 at 8:04 am #

Yea YouTube !

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:46 pm #

🙂

5. Pamelab May 3, 2017 at 10:21 am #

Good news about the YouTube channel! WooHoo! I really enjoy your blog, Becky. Happy trails. In Houston

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:47 pm #

I’m excited to bring more videos to you all!

6. Ursula May 3, 2017 at 10:23 am #

Love your pictures of sunny warm(ish) places. Quite the contrast to chilly WET Olympic Peninsula coast.

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:48 pm #

Glad you’re enjoying them Ursula, and I hope your neck of the woods warms up soon!

7. Diane Ely May 3, 2017 at 5:09 pm #

Becky: Great post and pics as always. I hope to join the ranks of fiberglass full-timers in a couple of years (currently evaluating both Casita and Escape!)

I’m wondering if anyone here knows the current status of another full-timer – Jim Melvin, of the blog “Jimbo’s Journeys”. Jim hasn’t updated his blog since last October. Actually he had purchased a tiny house in Oregon and was scaling back to being a “part-timer”, but I thought he was going to keep his blog going. A couple of months ago I posted a comment there, expressing concern for his well-being, but this has gone unanswered. Does anyone here know about Jim Melvin?

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:50 pm #

Hopefully someone reading this will have some word of Jim.

Escape is a good brand too Diane. Best of luck in your research. 🙂

• Diane Ely May 4, 2017 at 4:33 pm #

Jim just posted on his blog that he and his dog Chica are doing fine – he’s been super busy and simply hasn’t had the time to update the blog. He’ll be starting a seasonal campground hosting job soon.

8. Michael May 3, 2017 at 5:56 pm #

Found your blog again after a laptop melt. I spend 2 to 4 weeks a year in the Moab area.
    Never run out of things to do. I understand your approach to careful mixing of time alone and time spent with others. Most of us in this lifestyle agree. Enjoy your trip to the Dakotas, look forward to more of your writing. Thanks

• Becky May 3, 2017 at 8:51 pm #

Eeep Michael, I lost the hard drive in my laptop last fall, that was no fun. Glad to have you back!

There’s so much to see in Moab, I’ve been here longer than I usually camp in an area and I feel like I’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg!

9. Sheila Hagadone May 3, 2017 at 10:05 pm #

Becky, I saw you in Escapeesfor this month in Solo RVing!!!

• Becky May 6, 2017 at 4:14 pm #

Yep! Funny, I haven’t gotten my mail yet so I don’t know how the final spread turned out. It’ll be nice to see. 🙂

10. Marcia May 4, 2017 at 12:58 am #

Hi Becky…..

I purchased your e-book… thank you soooo much! The book is a gem…. Can’t wait till you get your you tube channel!….

• Becky May 6, 2017 at 4:15 pm #

Thank you Marcia and I’m so glad you’re finding it helpful! I hope you get a lot of use out it.

11. Kent May 5, 2017 at 8:13 am #

Nice photos!

I like the Spurred Lupine shot. Here in Valley of the Gods the Globe Mallow is budded out and ready to pop. This place will be even more spectacular than it already is when all these little orange flowers carpet the floor.

Awaiting warmer temps to head north myself. But, finding plenty to do and things to see.
    I’m a bit of a loner as well but a couple stopped by the other morning and then he drove all the way from Bluff in the predawn the following morning to photograph the sunrise with me.It’s enjoyable to share good times and fun things with good people. No doubt.

Looking forward to the YouTube channel.. My video camera is setting idle at the moment. I think I hit learning overdose so backed off a bit for now.

• Becky May 6, 2017 at 4:18 pm #

I’m just using my iPhone for video at the start so it won’t be anything too fancy!

I love Globe Mallow, so pretty! It’s warmed up significantly here in Moab the last couple days, high was actually 90 yesterday, phew.

Sounds like a good outing, I’m glad you had fun.

12. Rhonda May 6, 2017 at 7:50 am #

I am SO excited to read you will be spending time sharing your adventures on You Tube, Becky! I love watching the channels of solo travelers; with your intelligence and gift for generously sharing your knowledge with others, you will be a hit on YT. You might also think about setting up a Patreon account to help with the expenses of your lifestyle. I have a darling vintage ’69 Shasta under cover in my back yard just waiting to take on the road for more adventures when my path in life allows such. Congrats and best of wishes with your YT journey…

• Becky May 6, 2017 at 4:25 pm #

I can’t wait to get the channel going and share it with you all! I’ve done quite a bit of video already, especially when I first hit the road, but I just put it up raw from my phone, it’s all scattered and hard to find. It’ll be so much better to have it all in one place.

Thanks and take care Rhonda.

13. Salvador May 8, 2017 at 8:43 pm #

Yay! You will be on you tube! Looking forward to it.

• Becky May 9, 2017 at 1:46 pm #