Photo: Blue Skies

The neighborhood stray, taken through my rear window

The neighborhood stray, taken through my rear window

Those of you who’ve been following me at least a year know that when Amazon starts piling on the overtime that the two or three hours I get that aren’t devoted to work or sleeping are devoted to eating, showering, and relaxing, and time is at a premium. Well, the Receive department is on mandatory overtime, 55 hours this week, so that black out period is starting earlier than ever.

There simply isn’t enough time to write blog posts twice a week when working hours like this, so like last year I’ll be dropping down to only one full post a week when overtime is called. But, in place of that second blog post I’ll do something like this, where I share a photo or two with a paragraph.

Campground looks amazingly good considering the rainfall, yay gravel!

Campground looks amazingly good considering the rainfall, yay gravel!

The official rainfall total for the weekend was 3.49 inches here in Boyd, and Cas remained leak free and nothing around here flooded for those who were worried. Today the sun came out and it was a nice drive home from Amazon. I took these photos this evening as the sun was getting ready to set around the campground.

The dog walk area at the back of the campground, with a field behind

The dog walk area at the back of the campground, with a field behind

Thank you for doing your usual Amazon shopping using my affiliate link.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestmail

, , , , ,

18 Responses to Photo: Blue Skies

1. Ron October 26, 2015 at 8:38 pm #

Good to hear you are getting extra hours, You will be able to goof off more later.

• Becky October 27, 2015 at 6:34 pm #

Exactly Ron!

2. LR Rocchio October 26, 2015 at 11:58 pm #

hey,please help the kitty, it may need some assistance. just thinking it might be in distress. hope you will consider it.

• Becky October 27, 2015 at 6:36 pm #

The kitty is feral and won’t let anyone get close LR but he/she looks to be in good shape.

3. FrugalRVGals October 27, 2015 at 5:22 am #

Always like seeing the pictures! Yea for overtime!
    FrugalRVGals recently posted..Hotel Settles Tour – Built 1930 located in Big Spring TexasMy Profile

• Becky October 27, 2015 at 6:38 pm #

Glad you enjoyed this Gal, even though it wasn’t much of an update. Overtime so soon after starting makes for a sore and tired me, but can’t complain about the moolah. 🙂

4. Lou October 27, 2015 at 1:50 pm #

Just realized that we met at work last week (after reading your blog for years.) Here’s hoping we both have a good peak season at Amazon!

• Becky October 27, 2015 at 6:39 pm #

Hehe, yeah that happens quite a bit with Amazon coworkers actually. Yeah, here’s to a good season!

5. Terri October 28, 2015 at 6:08 am #

Wow, already with the overtime!!! Well, that’s good for your bank balance, if not your tired body….Guess i will content myself with catching up with some of your older posts that I may have missed at really busy times in my life. Now that I’ve been in an RV for a few months, there are definitely things I want to learn more about, and I’m sure you have blogged about it in the past.
    Terri recently posted..My Financial Picture: Putting It All Out ThereMy Profile

• Becky October 30, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

Yeah, right away on the second week Terri! Next week I shouldn’t be as tired, I’ll be more use to it.

6. Connie October 28, 2015 at 8:28 am #

With all that overtime I would think even one post a week is a stretch but I’m thankful for whatever you can do 🙂 I think your stray cat has a twin down here in south Florida. There’s one that looks just like that running around here (driving my daughter’s dog crazy lol). Take care!

• Becky October 30, 2015 at 7:55 pm #

When I was living in SC there were several black strays around there too, must be a common color Connie. Poor dog, all that teasing. 😛

7. Jodee Gravel October 28, 2015 at 10:35 am #

You’ll want to remember this time even if it mostly working, so a post a week is a great plan for all of us. So glad you and the park had little issue with all that rain. Guess I’d better finish my holiday shopping on Amazon if the OT is already in full swing!!
    Jodee Gravel recently posted..Portal to PlaygroundMy Profile

• Becky October 30, 2015 at 7:57 pm #

It’s raining heavily again today, but at least it’s only a 1 day thing.

Yeah Jodee, tis the season, apparently. Well, I’m in Inbound remember so “peak” for us is earlier than outbound peak when everything starts flying off the shelves.

8. PJ October 28, 2015 at 10:52 pm #

I think you’ve found a great way to get enough money to fund your freedom through a couple of really hard weeks at Amazon, and some fun months in one of the National Parks. I don’t mind fewer posts during the Amazon seasons at all.

• Becky October 30, 2015 at 7:58 pm #

I’m glad you’re all being so understanding PJ. 🙂

Yeah, this is the least fun time of the year, but after this I have several months of freedom! It’s totally worth it.

9. Christi October 29, 2015 at 8:34 am #

We always look forward to your posts and pictures. But don’t stress yourself out. Work those overtime hours so you can have lots of play time later!!

Hope to see more pics of that sweet kitty!

• Becky October 30, 2015 at 8:00 pm #

He (arbitrarily assigning sex) hasn’t been around today because of the rain. I’m guessing someone around here feeds him that he sticks around as close as he does. 🙂