RVing Warning Label

rving-warning-label1Warning: Life on the road may lead to adventure, a sense of wonder, and a greater understanding of the world at large. Side effects may include but are not limited to: learning new things, meeting new people, and discovering more about yourself.

If you should experience excitement, joy, or peace, do not stop and see your doctor. In the event of loud neighbors, blank tank spills, leaks of an unknown origin, bad weather, or poor directions, do not discontinue use for such symptoms are generally mild in the grand scheme of things and can be overcome.

In rare cases, illness or injury, major mechanical breakdown, and financial hardship have occurred. The chances are slim if care is taken to minimize the risks. Please keep up to date on RV maintenance, be aware of spending habits, and have an emergency fund set aside.

Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to fun and freedom, or are on any medications that inhibit your desire to enjoy life on your own terms.

rving-warning-label2Directions: When using this product, it helps to be open minded, adaptable, and persistent. Take full-time or part-time as desired, alone or with family, friends, and/or pets. Keep out of within reach of children.

rving-warning-label3Today’s pictures were taken earlier today as Kansas decided to slip me one last parting gift before I go and drizzle freezing rain for a good 24 hours. Tomorrow and Monday are going to be very cold, mid 20’s for highs and single digit lows both nights. My desired day of departure, Tuesday, has a high of 39. I’m counting on Tuesday and ample sunshine to melt most of this ice so I can leave on time. If it turns out that I can’t, well, fortunately I’m a RVer and my schedule isn’t as set in stone as most folks. At least it’s cozy inside, hope everyone’s holiday season is going well.

, ,

34 Responses to RVing Warning Label

1. Marvin December 22, 2013 at 5:24 am #

Becky ,

Thanks for the best prescription label ever ! The ice and cold weather do not stand a chance with your wit , wisdom , and positive attitude . Have fun and be safe as you make your way to Texas and Florida .

• EmilyO December 22, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

Marvin, well said and I say “ditto” to what you said.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:34 pm #

You’re welcome Emily, glad you liked it.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:33 pm #

You’re welcome Marvin, and thanks! C’mon sunshine, melt this ice so I can get out of here tomorrow!

2. Richard Myers December 22, 2013 at 7:32 am #

Beautifully written!

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:34 pm #

Thanks Rick!

3. Furry Gnome December 22, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Right on! Good attitude to life for anyone! Glad it’s warm and cozy inside, and you’ve survived Amazon. Merry Christmas!

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

On the plus side, it actually does look like Christmas right now. It snowed just a little today, so there’s a dusting of white over the ice, it’s quite pretty. I think the cumulative week or so that there has been snow and/or ice on the ground this month fills my quota for winter weather for the year though, time to head south. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Merry Christmas to you too.

4. Diane December 22, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a safe journey!

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

Thank you Diane, happy holidays!

5. Pat Tallon December 22, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Great Prescription!!!
    12 days ago I got out of Wyoming in my “new” motorhome and I am enjoying Nevada sunshine while I check my home town weather on my phone…23 degrees.
    It took me a day and half to get to above freezing weather. I hope you have better luck.
    I enjoy your blog.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:40 pm #

Thank you for reading Pat, I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying it.

Brrr Wyoming! I don’t think I’ll have to travel that far to get out of the cold fortunately, my destination in Texas is about 6 hours away and the low is going to be right at freezing the next few days, highs are going to be in the 50’s, quite balmy compared to here.

6. Jim Morgan December 22, 2013 at 11:19 am #

Where’s the ‘Like’ button?
    Jim Morgan recently posted..Grand Canyonโ€ฆPart IIMy Profile

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:44 pm #

In that little floating column on the left side of the page. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. David Michael December 22, 2013 at 11:38 am #

Happy Holidays to you Becky.

I still have another week here at Fernley, storing the RV while visiting family for Christmas in neighboring California. We had a younger workamper lady with a Casita here at the campground during the Peak Season. She’s a full-timer also (several years) and just accepted a full-time job in Grand Teton National Park where she was a seasonal camp host during the past three summers. Several of my new friends work at Yellowstone during the summer, but they all complained that they saved little money and rarely had WiFi or Cell Phone service. They did it for the wonderment of living in such a magical place. As you say, Amazon provides an opportunity for seasonal work at decent pay. Overall, I had a great experience in ICQA. The staff was very supportive of the Workampers at Fernley.

We are headed to Quartzite, then to southern Arizona and warmer climes for January. Why not join us?
    David Michael recently posted..Eastern Sierra NevadaMy Profile

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

Yeah I haven’t found a national park job that lets you do much more than break even on expenses, I was at Badlands National Park last summer because it paid slightly better than Yellowstone did. As you said, it’s not about the money for those jobs, it’s the location. Here at Amazon it’s the opposite.

I’ll be hitting up Quartzsite some winter, but not this one, other plans and all that. Enjoy it though!

8. Kim December 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

Well-said! Here’s hoping you thaw out soon.
    Kim recently posted..2013 – Wild LifeMy Profile

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

My hitch lock is a block of ice right now as is the handle to the trunk of my truck where my hitch gear is stored. Sooooooon.

9. OpenSpaceMan December 22, 2013 at 12:49 pm #

…Fortunately I’m an RVer. Nuff said. I woke to 8″ inches of snow, no big deal just wipe it off and find a Lot that’s been plowed early. Luckily it’s a few days before Xmas and the retailers need to get that money so they are making quick work of it. Another benefit is the snow makes the van quieter because the other car doors are muted.

Becky from the looks of those pics…it’s going to be fun pointing your rig south and watching the winter fade in your rearview mirror. Enjoy the rest.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

Thanks OpenSpace. 8 inches, that’s pretty impressive! Haven’t had quite that much while I’ve been in Cas, and to be honest I hope I never do, haha.

And yes, I’m going to enjoy the south this winter. I have visions of going out to the beach on new year’s eve in shorts and a tee-shirt with a fruity umbrella drink in hand, sadly even in southern-most SC it’ll be a little cold for that. But heck, it’ll feel like spring compared to here maybe I’ll do it anyway.

10. Gayle December 22, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

Merry Christmas from the So. California beach! Sounds like you could use a pair of those mittens that fold back to reveal your fingers so you can keep typing your blog while freezing. Selfish of me, huh? Have you ever read rvsueandcrew.net? She is in Yuma in a Casita blogging of the wonders of the desert — none of which I noticed until she started blogging about it. You being “out there” gives the rest of us a perspective that we would never have if it weren’t for you. Thanks for all you do.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

Thank you for reading Gayle and I’m glad that you enjoy it. Yes I do follow Sue’s blog, she’s one of the people who inspired me to get a Casita and some day I want to spend a winter boondocking in the desert like she does. That’s what the money I make from Amazon purchases through my blog is going to actually, I’m saving up for solar equipment and a fancy catalytic propane heater like she has.

And I had a pair of those mittens believe it or not, but I had to throw them away the day before the ice storm started because I got them very dirty and ripped a hole in one trying to get all of my tanks drained and hoses put away before the ice started. They were only $2 at WalMart, I went shopping today and looked for another pair but they were all out and I had to resort to the regular cheap gloves.

11. Ron December 22, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

Happy Holidays Becky,

I hope you get to make your departure as planned. Hopefully, weather conditions will be in your favor.

I enjoyed a 3 month 10,218 mile trip throughout the northwest this past summer with my Casita and Dodge truck. I was actually within a 100 or so miles of you during your stint at the Bad Lands in June. However, my camping stop was at Hill City to be closer to Mt. Rushmore. Hopefully, we’ll cross paths during our wandering Casita travels at some point though.

I’m a faithful follower of your blog, but make only infrequent comments. I just dropped in to wish you safe travels and a wonderful holiday season.

Ron H.
    Germantown, TN

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Hello Ron, thank you for following IO and happy holidays. I’m sure our paths are bound to cross again at some point, just drop me an e-mail next time you notice my location is close to yours and we can arrange a meetup, I always enjoy talking to fellow RVers.

Here’s hoping to a warm day tomorrow, it sure wasn’t today. Take care!

12. Dedra December 22, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

Really cute!
    Your a great writer.
    Thank you for your blog.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Glad you liked it Dedra. Thank you for following IO, for this site wouldn’t be much without all of you who come along for the ride.

13. Pleinguy December 22, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

Wishing you a safe escape from the freezing temps; and a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Take care.
    Pleinguy recently posted..Toned GroundMy Profile

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 8:39 pm #

Thanks Plein, hope life on the road is treating you well. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Reine December 22, 2013 at 11:47 pm #

Looks like it’s gonna thaw out in Oklahoma starting Tuesday so hopefully you’ll have an uneventful trip to Texas. I really enjoyed your prescription.

You could add to your prescription for most RVers: In case of minor illness: Relax, take care of yourself and be glad you’re not on a schedule.

We’re rearranged our plans two or three times when one of caught a “bug” and we just needed to stay put and get over it.

Merry Christmas and safe travels.

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 8:41 pm #

Glad you liked it Reine and yeah, things should start improving tomorrow. The less rigid schedule is one of my favorite things about RVing, there’s space to move, to breathe, to be. ๐Ÿ™‚ Merry Christmas to you too.

15. PamelaP December 23, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

I hope you made it out of Kansas Becky and are happily on your way to Texas! Here at Amazon Corporate (Seattle) it really looked like Christmas here as we got a couple of inches of snow a few days ago & now we are having a heat wave (for here) for the next week with highs in the mid 40’s & up to 52! No freeze predicted.

I want to thank Becky & all the other wonderful campers we had work for us in all our locations for the 2013 peak! The reports I’m getting back in about campers for all locations is that we could not have done it without you – you really kicked some booty this year!

David Michael mentioned he is going to Quartzsite and I wanted to let everyone know that we’d love to see you at our booth there – we’ll be in the big tent again this year & we have swag! ;o) If you are headed for warmer climates, we’ll also be at the Tampa, FL RV Show again this year.

Safe Travels & Happy Holidays!
    PamelaP – CamperForce Program Manager – Amazon

• Becky December 23, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Ooo I’ll take the 40’s and 50’s, haha. High tomorrow is suppose to be 41, I hope that’ll be enough to melt the ice, we’ll see!

6th Shift’s exit interviews were last night and Michael Cross went over some numbers with us, seems like it was a pretty good season at TUL1. You take care too Pamela, I’ll likely be back next fall. ๐Ÿ˜‰

16. Reine December 25, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

Becky, be sure to post when you get to Texas so we all know you made the trip safely. There are lots of us that worry about you.

• Becky December 27, 2013 at 5:14 pm #

Well, you know I’m here now! Haha.