Hardeeville RV Park, SC

hardeeville-rv-park-sc1Hardeeville RV Park  is located at the southern edge of Hardeeville, about 20 minutes from Savannah and even closer to the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge. It’s where I have been staying the past couple months while I’ve been working at Lowe’s.

I’m not much for formal reviews, but here’s my opinion on the place.

The rates listed on the website are pretty close to accurate. Base daily rate is $50 a night, but they do have 50% off deals for Passport America and Camp Club USA. Being a Good Sam, AAA, AARP, Military, or senior citizen over 55 gets you a price of $30 a night. Weekly rates are $200, and the monthly rate when I stayed was $400 for the first month including all utilities, and $325 for each month after that with electric separate.

Utilities include 20, 30, and 50 amp at each site, sewer, water, cable, and spotty WiFi. Storage units are available at $75 a month, but I did not see what those looked like or how big they were. There are a couple dumpsters on site, and one small laundry building with 3 washers and dryers. There are no bathroom or shower facilities, so your rig needs to be self contained. Sites are well graveled and most seem quite level. Rita and her husband manage the site, I mostly dealt with her and she was pretty easy to get along with.

It’s large, well over 100 sites, and most of it is wooded as advertised. The sites near the main entrance by the office are not very wooded and are much closer together, those ones are primarily occupied by overnight and short term stay folks, the sites farther in the back and by the side entrance are for monthlies, and it’s clear that some of them have been here a long time.

Overall though, the place is much nicer looking and attracts a less shady crowd than Stony Crest did. Grounds maintenance gets done on a regular basis, trash is picked up, and the people I met in passing were all friendly. There is also a covered pavilion in the back of the park set in the woods, with plenty of room to host a large group. I don’t recall any events happening there while I stayed in the park, but it looks like that’s what it was made for.

I stayed in site 95, which is normally not a long term site because it’s near the highway and noisy, but that didn’t bother me. It gets sun in the morning as pictured, but is shaded in the afternoon, it was also a pull-through site. I’d say about 15% of the sites are pull-through, and there are plenty of sites large enough to handle rigs 40′ or longer. Overall, I give Hardeeville RV Park a thumbs up. Other than the road noise during rush hour to and from Savannah, it was a quiet park in a nice natural setting with a good amount of space between sites. Prices were reasonable for the area, and you’re looking to visit the Savannah area it’s a solid choice.

Tomorrow morning I’m leaving for the Badlands! All day I’ve been working on final preparations, and I just got back from eating at the Kickin’ Chicken in Bluffton with Julie to celebrate. Pretty much everything I can do has been done now, just finishing up laundry and doing a few online things. Expect that I’ll be slow responding to comments and emails for the next 4-5 days as I drive up there. There will probably be some video along the drive but not as much as it’s going to essentially be the same route as I took last year to get up to Sioux Falls, just with bit tacked on at the end. I heard back from the folks at the Lodge today and it sounds like there is still snow on the ground with more expected this week, fun times. Have a good week all!

, , ,

18 Responses to Hardeeville RV Park, SC

1. Barak April 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

Safe travels. We may stop by to meet you on our way through SD mid-May.
    Barak recently posted..True Success and Lifelong LearningMy Profile

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Sounds good Barak! Just do me a favor and e-mail or leave me a comment a day or two before if you can, helps me to plan.

2. Dragon April 15, 2013 at 9:55 pm #

nice write-up for Hardeeville RV Park… sounds like a nice place to stay if i’m ever in SC again. please be extra careful heading up to the Badlands. can’t wait to hear how your trip goes.

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Thanks Dragon. So far so good!

3. Kristin April 15, 2013 at 11:03 pm #

Have a safe trip up there, Becky! Can’t wait to hear about your next adventure. 🙂

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

Hee, thanks Kristin. So far it’s been surprisingly warm considering there’s going to be snow at the end of the trip. 😛

4. Kevin April 16, 2013 at 5:45 am #

I have always looked forward to the start of a new adventure, but the best part for me is pulling into the new camp area, it’s such a special moment.

Good luck, have fun and watch that smile on your face.

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 8:56 pm #

Actually the second day of traveling I tend to enjoy more than the first. I’m still in a state of hyper-alertness the first day, worried that something important is going to break. Today was more relaxed and enjoyable. Apart from the brief hail storm.

5. cozygirl April 16, 2013 at 8:47 am #

I’ll be thinking of you as your travel northwest…hoping it’s a nice relaxing trip. While your there can you pick up my license? :O) Appreciate your feedback! SC changing over to SD…that’s going to be a change of surroundings…can’t wait to read of all your new experiences!
    cozygirl recently posted..Emotion…what makes the world go ’round…My Profile

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 8:59 pm #

Heya Carla!

So far it’s been about as relaxing as it can be. I never completely relax when I’m doing a long drive like this because I know it puts a lot of wear on Cas and I need to keep an eye on things (like my spare tire that tried to escape), but it’s been enjoyable too. I’m surprised that things are still green up here near Saint Louis where I’m staying tonight, I was expecting it to be getting cold already but the high her was over 80! Tomorrow things change and it’ll be getting colder all around.

6. Reine April 16, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

Drive carefully and stay safe. (Can you hear the mom in me?) Looks like the weather may not be your friend so take it easy.

We got in a buying mood this week so you should see a couple of coins in your Amazon account. I think the Amazon link is very wise. The financial folks call it passive income. You’ve earned it with an interesting and informative blog.

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

Reine, so far the trip has been good and I’m playing it safe and staying at or below 60 mph in the slow lane like I always do. 🙂 The weather has been really warm so far, tomorrow it looks like I’ll be hitting the cold.

Thank you very much for using my Amazon link! Every little bit helps and I really appreciate it.

7. Marcia GB April 16, 2013 at 7:02 pm #

Thanks for the thumbs up on Hardeeville. Looks like a good place to stop on the way to FL. Safe journey to you and take it easy. I look forward to reading your next post.

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

Thanks Marcia, Hardeeville RV is in a good location and I like the wooded scenery and more spacious sites, I bet you’ll enjoy staying there. 🙂

8. Pleinguy April 16, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

Thanks for the info about the RV park. Those daily rates are one reason I’ll seldom stay in a commercial park. Hope you have some warm clothes for your stay in the Badlands. I’ve heard it’s really pretty up there though. Looking forward to your posts about that experience. Take your time and be safe.
    Pleinguy recently posted..Leak PreventionMy Profile

• Becky April 17, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

Heya Plein,

You’re welcome. Yeah the daily rates are horrible but the monthly rate was good for this area.

Luckily I still have all my Wisconsin clothes with me including jacket, I should be able to keep warm. 🙂

9. Gary August 11, 2015 at 9:06 am #

Hi Becky, well I find myself in SC and was looking for places to stay. I did a search for images of “Hardeeville RV Park” to check out what it looks like since they don’t post many pics on their site. One of the first pictures was yours! I feel better about my choice of parks now. I am only staying here a week and the prices seem better than most, especially with the “Passport America” discount. Thanks for the post and review.
    Gary recently posted..Stop! – Turtle CrossingMy Profile

• Becky August 11, 2015 at 8:01 pm #

You’re welcome Gary, glad this review came in handy! I enjoyed my time there and would stay again if I needed a spot in the area.