The Places You’ll Go

the-places-youll-goIt looks as though 8th shift won’t be having overtime this week and my last day will be Friday night, meaning I’ll be leaving Coffeyville once I wake up on Saturday. This gives me more time to make it to Wisconsin before Christmas, woohoo!

But since I had overtime this past Saturday, that only left me one weekend day to write this blog post, go see the Hobbit (because I really couldn’t not see it opening weekend), do the normal weekend chores, and start making preparations to pull out, so there isn’t much spare time to be had right now.

So I’m cheating a little and giving you all a video. This has been very inspirational for me when I find myself in need of a pick me up. It was filmed at Burning Man, and there is some skimpy/weird clothing featured.  If you find that kind of thing offensive consider yourself warned.  Personally, I love this video and want to see Burning Man in person some day.

Oh, the Places You’ll Go at Burning Man

I will be giving a full report on how this first leg of my full-timing journey has gone, but it might not happen until after the Holidays are over. Same with a final review of working at Amazon.

In the meantime, safe travels and happy trails all!

, , , ,

18 Responses to The Places You’ll Go

1. Reine December 17, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Have a great time with your family at Christmas. Since gas prices have gone down a bit in the last couple of months the trip shouldn’t be as painful dollar wise. I think we paid around $3.65+ when we were in Kansas in September. Now Gas Buddy shows prices in Wichita around $3.00.

• Becky December 17, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

Still $3.30 here in Coffeyville last I drove through town, but yes it has come down. 😀 It’ll be cheaper than it was driving to here anyway, can’t argue with that.

I will be posting again before Christmas, just can’t guarantee lengthy thought provoking stuff. 😉

2. Sherry December 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

An absolutely favorite book of mine. Great video. Happy and safe travels.
    Sherry recently posted..Gamble Rogers Nature TrailMy Profile

• Becky December 17, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

Glad you liked it Sherry! And yes, <3 that book too of course.

3. Marvin December 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Becky ,
    When the Amazon gig ends that means it is time to spend time with family and friends – a short road trip and family time is something many people can only wish for .

I had heard stories about burning man , but had no 1st hand info – thanks for the video . It is completely different from anything that I have attended , but the experience of new things and different ideas is always good .

Be safe !

• Becky December 18, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

Yes, Marvin. It’ll be so good to see family and friends again, I’ve missed them petty badly the past month or so. But part of the early stages of full-timing is figuring out what you do and don’t need, and now I know I need more contact with people I know than I have been getting. I am lucky indeed now to have the opportunity to spend 2 weeks there, it wouldn’t have been possible with any regular job. I still don’t know what I’ll be doing after WI which bugs me some, but at least I’ll have those 2 weeks with no job to suck up all my time to work on it.

Glad you enjoyed the video. I had a friend back when I lived in WI who attended it pretty regularly and it always sounded interesting to me in a ‘Huh, maybe someday I’ll do that’ kind of way. You know, the kind of thought that’ll never turn into reality. Now it’s more like “Huh, I’m going to do that someday.’

4. Marsha December 18, 2012 at 7:27 am #

Season’s Greetings and safe travels to WI – we’ll be headed that way on Saturday, but from across the lake. So far it looks like the winter storm that’s supposed to go through the area on Wed/Thurs will be all done by then.

• Becky December 18, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Oooo, nice Marsha. Yeah I’m keeping a close eye on weather forecasts, I figure if it ends Thursday that gives all of Friday and Saturday to work on plowing and by the time I arrive in the area Saturday night/early Sunday morning it shouldn’t be too bad.

5. Carol and Lynn December 18, 2012 at 8:26 am #

Happy Holidays and safe travels! The weekend b4 the Christmas holidays are busy on the highways. Enjoy your time with family and your white Christmas in the great WI state!!

• Becky December 18, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

Thanks! No snow on the ground yet, but looks like after Thursday there will be. Happy Holidays to you too!

6. Regina December 18, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Becky, Loved the video. Have a save trip back to Wisconsin and a very happy holiday. (Just fyi, gas in Central Illinois is down to $2.99/gal. Just in case you can go through IL to get home.

• Becky December 18, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

Glad you liked it Regina. And that’s a good price! I don’t think google maps has me going through Illinois though. Kansas City, Des Moines, then cutting through to WI. I hear the gas prices are dropping everywhere right now though, that makes me happy.

7. marty chambers December 18, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

Thanks for passing on the video, it gave me a great deal to think about.

• Becky December 18, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

You’re welcome! I just love it, so applicable to RVing.

8. Kristine December 18, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Happy and safe travels. Gas in Fla is still high at $3.35. cant wait to be on the road in less than a year now. I plan on really celerating NY eve and welcoming in 2013 as the year I start the RV LIFE!!!! Thanks for all your insight.

Talk soon, Kristine

• Becky December 18, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Heya Kristine, thanks! Well once you can travel you can make it a point to visit states with low gas prices if you really want, haha. Celebrating in NY sounds like it’d be fun, although I don’t know if RV parks up that way will be open that time of year so you might want to look into a place to stay ahead of time. Keep on pushing forward!

9. travelfables December 20, 2012 at 11:28 am #

Thanks Becky for the Burning Man Viddie- very cool.
    I want to go to it someday, never been to the real one.
    I do attended some East Coast Regional burns though, I know they are not THE Burning Man, but they are still fun.
    travelfables recently posted..prince edward island walk A7My Profile

• Becky December 21, 2012 at 5:44 am #

Neat. 😀 Glad you liked the video.