A Busy Month

April is going to be amazing, if a bit crazy. I sit now at my computer desk, and through my head runs a list of the things that still need to happen before I move into the Casita. It’s long and kinda scary, but I know I’ll manage to pull everything together in the nick of time, I always do. When you want something bad enough, you find a way to make it work.

Last weekend I picked up some Marine Tex to fill in the holes from my side dinette. Some brackets and screws had been added to stabilize the table after market, but whoever did it didn’t use good quality stainless and with the holes being so close to the belly band there is no way to get the snap caps to fit on, water got at the screws at rusted them through. At some point down the road I may decided to redo the brackets properly, or more likely pay someone to do them properly, but for now I’m going to just remove it all and fill in the holes. Saturday is my only day off of work this week, so that’ll be the day it happens.

I got a call from Camping World last Thursday and my hitch is in, I just gotta set up a time to go get it installed. I’m hoping they can get me in next week Wednesday or Thursday when I have off again, if not it may have to wait until after my parents are gone – they’re visiting from the 15th to the 22nd.

So I’ll be doing that tomorrow before work, and also calling the RV park and see if they have a date for me yet. They knew there was a spot opening the 3rd week of April but didn’t have the exact date. I have a few things that can’t get worked out until I know what that date is going to be. The picture above is of the park actually if anyone’s curious.

There won’t be any trips in the RV until after the move, which I’m okay with. The timing just wasn’t going to work out with everything I need to get done. This means that I’ll be hooking up and leveling for the very first time the day I tow it to the RV park, haha. There are 33 sites total, and they’re usually all full. The residents who are around that day will be in for a good show, I hope they have comfy camping chairs and popcorn available.

On the plus side, the apartment lease isn’t up until April 30th, so I won’t need to get everything moved into the RV all in one day. And, I’ll still have access to the roomie’s storage unit, so things can get moved back and forth while we figure out what all we need to live in the RV.

That’s about it for now. Time to start going through my file cabinet, and perhaps order my laptop. Here’s to a good April.

Image courtesy of Stoney Crest Plantation Campground

, , ,

8 Responses to A Busy Month

1. hobopals April 2, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

Well, you’re almost into your “new life”! So exciting. As far as getting settled in the RV park (which looks very nice, by the way), I’m sure you’ll have people offering to help you with anything you need. Can’t wait until the “big day”. Have fun!
    hobopals recently posted..Cannot Leave Comments!My Profile

• Becky April 2, 2012 at 10:37 pm #

I am getting excited. It really is a nice park, but despite the large acreage still has those 33 spots crammed into one small area, oh well. I’m hoping the two ‘nature trails’ are suitable for jogging on, it’d be great to not have to jog on asphalt in circles all the time like I do now. Say “hi” to Jack for me. 🙂

2. Misty April 2, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Hee, good luck! Don’t worry, if you don’t get everything done, just improvise. Up until today I had an old shingle that had fallen off a nearby house to cover a missing flap that is supposed to cover the stove vent and keep out insects when the fan isn’t running. 😛 Since moving into my camper, I’ve realized that full-timing is a study in improvisation.

I just hope I get something to level the camper before it causes real problems.

• Becky April 2, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

Thanks! From my understanding the biggest problem with not leveling is that it keeps the refrigerator from running correctly, there could be more to it than that though.

Leveling blocks of some sort are on my list too. While getting cut wood pieces would be cheaper, the plastic kind that you buy at the store are going to be more convenient for me to obtain. Good luck to you too. 🙂

3. Isherwood Wildwalker April 3, 2012 at 12:10 am #

Exciting! The days will fly by quickly now that it is so close!
    Isherwood Wildwalker recently posted..What Time is it? It’s Poly Time!My Profile

• Becky April 3, 2012 at 10:14 am #

Indeed. 🙂 Got my calls made, going in next Wednesday for the hitch install.

4. Brian April 3, 2012 at 8:41 am #

With a Casita you’ll get ‘extra attention’ anywhere you go. I spoke with a Casita owner when I was camping last weekend, he had already given 5 tours of his trailer.

• Becky April 3, 2012 at 10:17 am #

I wonder how many the couple who gave me my first look at the inside of a Casita have done? It’ll be hard giving tours this time around, with both of us and one cat living inside it.