Video: Brake controller Install

As promised, here is the footage my roommate took of me installing the brake controller in my truck yesterday. This really isn’t an instructional video. At all. In fact, it’s a bit ridiculous. And man, is my hair frizzy.

, , ,

9 Responses to Video: Brake controller Install

1. Mark Sundstrom November 29, 2011 at 5:37 am #

Becky – that’s pretty funny. Congratulations on getting that hurdle done. I was dealing with that same hurdle last summer – it was looking complicated, but in the end it was easy to install the brake controller (same model you have) in my new F-150, in the same dashboard slot as Ford installs theirs. And it works perfectly with my new 17′ Spirit Deluxe that I picked up in September.
    Mark Sundstrom recently posted..The first travel trailer adventureMy Profile

• Becky November 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

Glad to hear that you had no issues with yours Mark. Like you I’m going to have to wait a while yet to see if it actually works, the search for my Casita begins now. πŸ˜€

The reason why I went with that model (Tekonsha Prodigy P2) is because that one seemed most popular with Casita owners, so I figured hey, if it worked for them it’ll probably work for me too. πŸ˜›

• Mark Sundstrom November 29, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

Yeah, I saw the same research as you. Looks like a very solid unit.
        Good luck on your Casita search.
        I was just prepping my trailer for a 6 week trip today, leaving on Thursday. My first solo trip — I had a friend join me in September to help me bring it home from Texas. Really looking forward to that!
        Mark Sundstrom recently posted..The first travel trailer adventureMy Profile

• Becky November 29, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

Ooo a 6 week trip. I’m looking forward to when I’ll be able to do that! Safe travels and happy trails, I hope you have a great time. πŸ™‚

2. Marvin November 29, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

Good Job !

Now you know to stay away from Camping World for most items.

The neat thing about RV’ers is that there is always help for a problem , or an idea for improvements .

All you need to do is ask .

• Becky November 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

Hello Marvin!

I’ve found the RVing community to be an exceptionally helpful and friendly group of people, I can’t wait to get on the road and hopefully get a chance to meet some of you folks. πŸ™‚

As for the install, I was pretty proud of myself. Even if it was only a matter of plugging it in. But the fact that it was so simple made the cost of $89 for the install even more outrageous.

3. Carolyn December 23, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Congratulations! A job well done!

4. stephen October 6, 2016 at 9:31 am #

your video help me a lot. Thank for sharing it.

• Becky October 7, 2016 at 7:57 pm #

Glad you found this helpful Stephen!