As promised, here is the footage my roommate took of me installing the brake controller in my truck yesterday. This really isn’t an instructional video. At all. In fact, it’s a bit ridiculous. And man, is my hair frizzy.
This is the fifth post in the Dream series, for previous installments in chronological order, click: 1, 2, 3, 4. So, you’ve done your homework. You decided to really go for one of your dreams, and in order to be prepared, you did the right thing and started gathering information and planning for it. Maybe your […]
Sometimes, I struggle to do things that seem so easy to others, and I feel frustrated. Sometimes, I look at what everyone else has and I don’t, and I feel jealous. Sometimes, I think of how much time I waste trying to put it all together, and I feel angry. Sometimes, I worry that my […]
Fortunately for me, I’ve lived my entire adult life in apartments, and that has limited the amount of possessions I could own at any given time. To date, I have gotten rid of about 6 trash bags full of stuff in preparation of living in a small RV. About half of them have been clothing, […]
This post is the fourth installment of the Dream series (Remembering how to Dream, A Piggy Bank for Dreams, and Making time for Dreams), and discusses my method on planning for complex dreams. Some of the dreams on your dream list will be simple. Maybe they’ll require more money than you currently have, or more […]
So you’ve been poking around on forums, reading blogs, and staring longingly at the RVs that pass you by on the way to work. You wonder where they’re going, and wish you were among their ranks. But then you sigh, tell yourself to follow your friend’s advice and be realistic, and move on with your […]
This post is the third in the Dream series (Remembering How to Dream, and A Piggy Bank for Dreams) and discusses how to make time for the things that are on your dream list. Work, household chores, errands, the internet, TV, family and more. There are a lot of things vying for our time, some […]
Now is as good a time as any to share my basic plan of attack for going full-time RVing, hopefully some of this will be helpful to you all out there who are also in the planning stages. At the very least, it should be helpful for me to see it all laid out on […]
This post is a continuation of Remembering How to Dream and discusses how to obtain the money you’ll need to fulfill the things on your dream list. So, some of your dreams will require money, it’s a given. If you’re like me (i.e. not rich) you want to find a way to do the things […]
What is it about RVing that makes it such an attractive idea to so many people? I thought about this one night, and pretty soon had a list of benefits that can come from RVing. These are in no particular order. 1. Be adventurous. The thrill of the unexpected, of being able to pack everything […]
Do you remember back when you were a child, how easy it was to dream? You wanted to be a firefighter, a gymnast, or perhaps a professional football player. You wanted to walk on the moon, be a horse jockey, or if you were me in the second grade, a rock climber. It was easy, […]
Live Deliberately, and Go RVing
About This Site:
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love. I write for those who want to go full-time RVing pre-retirement, and for anyone who dares to dream of a more fulfilling life.
Liking what you see?
Or, if online shopping isn't your thing, you can now donate using Paypal (no account required, just a valid credit or debit card)
- Going On A Trip (Game) August 6, 2015
- Leaks and Delays December 30, 2015
- What About Retirement? May 1, 2015
- Upheaval April 26, 2016
- Boondocking Answers May 24, 2016
- Full-time RVing Won’t Change Who You Are December 10, 2014
- Heat and Battery Woes October 12, 2015
- Age and Beauty (and Wisdom) February 21, 2014
- Mono Lake and an Announcement June 23, 2016
- Convict Lake June 20, 2016
- June Lake Loop June 16, 2016
- Mammoth Lakes Campgrounds June 13, 2016
- Rock Creek Canyon June 10, 2016
- Comparing Work Options for RVers June 7, 2016
- Crowley Lake and McGee Campgrounds June 3, 2016
- Whitney Portal Road Campgrounds May 31, 2016
- Becky: Will do, thanks....
- Becky: Heya Deb and Greg! I really enjoyed volunteerin...
- Norm H.: Sorry to hear that yet another fire has started, b...
- Debbie: Hi Becky, Wondering how it went for you at Ordw...
- Becky: Hello Larry, Welcome to IO and I'm glad you'r...
- Becky: Thanks Sylvia, I hope your son gets a lot of use o...
- Becky: You're welcome Kent, thanks for reading and for t...
- Becky: Thanks Norm. I've already gone up Tioga Road, bu...